Engaged approaches to participatory leadership
Our Transformative Leadership program offers a new approach to leadership development, conflict resolution and innovation for your team and organization. It offers a strategic thinking framework to change the nature of conversations, to think about ongoing issues differently and to strategize communication and relationship approaches from new starting points.
The practices and principles focussed on in this one-day workshop are designed to transform and improve how we lead, teach and engage with colleagues. At the heart of the approach are the five dimensions of engaged leadership that will be worked with throughout the day: cultivating an open heart, skills in self-reflection, being present, establishing respectful boundaries and developing emotional intelligence.
Each of these dimensions incorporate practices and principles that support educators and leaders to develop a rewarding and effective leadership practices, just as they support staff or students to think creatively and critically, excel academically, manage their emotions, communicate effectively, and work with people who are different from themselves. This program develops a culture of participatory leadership through an awareness of our own cognitive and emotive processes. It does this by,
- valuing and accessing the experience and intelligence already held within groups
- working to create the conditions that allow conversation-driven processes to lead groups into deeper insights and meaningful results
- providing a framework to understand the impact of our own worldviews
- prioritizing trust, vulnerability, emotional awareness and reflective insight,
- promoting collective intelligence, in pursuit of creative solutions to shared challenges.
During a day of interactive workshop activities that work with story and group dialogue participants will gain insight into how individual and collective worldviews are formed and how assumptions, beliefs, and cultural influences determine ways of thinking. We will,
- look at ourselves and our leadership and reflect upon ways in which we are embedded in a way of seeing the world through particular knowledge and learning systems,
- explore varying perspectives, or ways of seeing the world, and the relationship between those worldviews.
- tap into the rich experience of people outside of their job description
Workshop participants will leave the day with practical insights into the design and organization of mindful encounters with groups in any environment that facilitate clear thinking, responsible action, group coherence and collective commitment. Participants will leave recognizing that relationships are key to all effective group action.
This workshop will be of practical value to any one looking to get the very best out of a group of people and co-create new ways of experiencing the world.
For more information on our Transformational Leadership workshops for Schools and Educational centres please click on follow link
Tranformational leadership for Schools and learning centres
Facilitators: Dr David Wright, Philip Jackson